Sunday, 7 April 2013

Tee Bird...

So today I did something I've never done before. I played a game of golf. 

This from a girl who's never so much as stepped foot on a fairway, let alone picked up a club. But, this being a year in which I'm open to new experiences, and the fact I hadn't set foot outside the flat for three days straight and needed to, y'know use my legs a bit, I agreed - after a little bit of persuasion- to tag along with Mr. G and a good friend of ours on their jaunt to a local course.

And you know what? I had a thoroughly jolly time. It was a fairly short course - only nine holes - but was perfect for a complete novice like me. 

My first hole took ten attempts, but by the fourth hole I'd got it down to four. Unfortunately that may have been sheer fluke as I was back up to seven on the next one. Still,  I managed a not too shabby 71 overall, which I was rather chuffed with if I do say so myself.  




I'm surprised by quite how much I enjoyed it. I'll be honest, I'd always poo-pooed the idea of the game, it wasn't really my bag, and I certainly had zero interest in watching it (sorry Rory), but having given it a go, I take it all back. 

It may well be the perfect past time for me: low impact exercise, oodles of fresh air, and a bit of competitive action thrown in for good measure.

OK, so I slept for two hours once we got home, but, hey.


Now all I need to do is work on getting the ball in the hole in less than, um, ten shots and who knows? Today The Bristol. tomorrow the LPGA?





No comments:

Post a Comment