Sunday, 21 April 2013

Brush Strokes...






It's finally happened. I've got my first Real Techniques brush. They've been touted all over the Blogosphere as the superlative brush range out there. Created by Sam Chapman (the beauty Guru that's otherwise known as one half of Pixiwoo), they 'combine high-tech materials with innovative design to make creating a pixel-perfect look easier than ever'.

I like that they have a colour coded system going on, so you can tell at a glance whether the brush is for base (orange), eyes (purple) or for the finishing touches (pink). Much simpler than trying to work out what number corresponds to which particular job (I'm looking at you, M.A.C).

The brushes themselves are made from a synthetic material called Taklon which, according to theo Real Techniques website, gives a plusher, softer feel than most brushes that contain hair. 

I plumped for the blush brush to start me off. I have quite a few Creme blushes that I'd like to apply with a bit more finesse than my usual haphazard finger blending, so this seemed like the natural choice for my first foray into the world of Real Techniques.

I'm excited to try it out and see for myself whether it lives up to the hype. Here's hoping...


3 comments:

  1. I'm in love with the RT brushes, they're the only ones I use! They're so affordable. Just so you know there's a small mistake in your post, it's purple for eyes and pink for finishing touches :)

    thoughtsfromanothergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, thank you for pointing that out! I'm going to save up for the core brush set I think, and build up a mini collection hopefully. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's okay! Yeah the core collection is definitely worth buying, if only for the buffing brush!

      Delete