Wednesday, 27 March 2013

Wishing and Hoping...

Spring Wish List

Havaianas | Hydraluron Moisture Serum | Miriam Merenfeld Monogramed Pendant | Pandora Double Leather Bracelet | MAC Vegas Volt Lipstick | Viktor & Rolf Flower Bomb | Zara Loose Knit T-shirt | Rag & Bone Skinny Coral Jeans | Bioderma Cleanser.



Technically it might be spring here but you wouldn't know it. Outside it's still very much mid-winter. A bleak one, at that. So, in an effort to cultivate some springtime colour and cheeriness I popped onto Polyvore (ooh alliteration!) and created a little wish list of things I'm lusting after right now. 

The Havaianas are right at the top, I've been after a pair for yonks but for some (unfathomable) reason I've never actually bitten the bullet and just bought them. I really can't spend another spring/summer in Uggs and sandals that are in need of superglue -I'm not even joking- to keep them in active service (they've given a faithful three years, but I think it's time they were honourably discharged). 

The curse of having child feet means I tend to go for branded shoes and boots as I know they're going to be good quality and not liable to fall apart after a few months wear. Most children's shoes, whilst designed for rough and tumble, aren't really designed to be worn for, erm, forever because, guess what? Children grow out of them within a matter of months. At least that's what's supposed to happen. Clearly something went a bit wrong with me (story of my life...) in the foot growth department. 

The other bits and bobs are fripperies I would very- emphasis on the very- much like. I love coral skinnies and have been wanting a pair of my own since last summer but I'm yet to find a pair that fit me right. Maybe this year? 

The only other thing I'm hoping to invest in sooner rather than later is Hydraluron, which was bought to my attention (ditto the Bioderma) by the lovely Kat over at Jemima&Ted. After reading her account of it and doing a bit of background research (i.e. reading the reviews on the Boots website*), I've come to the conclusion that I actually need this. More to the point, my skin needs this. You'll remember that I've written how my skin keeps on getting dehydrated, despite me glugging glasses of water a day. I'm going to put it down to the M.E. (as with most things these days) but my skin just cannot hold moisture anymore. So a product that claims to boost hyaluronic acid levels (thus improving the skin's ability to retain moisture) is a product I'm more than a little interested in.

So folks, there endeth my springtime wishlist.

Do you have one? What's on it? 



*Just to clarify: Boots gets a lot of mentions on here but I'm in no way, shape or form affiliated with the company. I just have a lot of love for them. A lot.




No comments:

Post a Comment