Saturday, 23 March 2013

Beauty Product Review: Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm...

I actually bought this a couple of weeks ago but wanted to give it a good go before I reviewed it. I'd been on the lookout for a new moisturiser with a high SPF- having turned 30 and with summer (supposedly) around the corner, I was conscious of the fact my ghostly white skin could do with a little extra protection.

I'm not going to lie: the first thing that drew me to this product? The shiny packaging. Yep, I may have mentioned it before, but I'm a bit of a magpie when it comes to shiny things.  It also helped that it was included in the Boots 3 for 2 across all skincare deal. And, as I'd already picked up a facial wash and some wipes, and had very read good things about the Dr. Jart+ range, I thought I might as well investigate further.





With SPF 25 it certainly ticked the extra protection box nicely. I'd tried a BB cream before, and been singularly unimpressed, but decided- on a whim- to give the formula a second chance as this one claimed to 'hydrate and maintain moisture for a dewy, fresh look'. As we all know, I'm a sucker for anything that promises dewy skin. That was it, decision made.

Having tried it out on my hand, and being impressed with how hydrating it felt and how it sank effortlessly in to my skin and covered the redness (as you can see below) I had high hopes.








Unfortunately those hopes were dashed. Whilst it worked superbly on my hand (my face may look parched and craggy but, just look at my flawless hands! Yeah, not all that useful really...), it just didn't do anything for me facially. It still felt hydrating on application but, whereas on my hand it felt light and airy, on my face it just felt heavy and ever so slightly tacky to the touch. I could definitely feel it sitting on my skin, which I hated, and isn't something I expect from a moisturising product.

Colour wise it was a little on the dark side for me and it emphasised the dehydration lines that keep cropping up on my cheeks. If anything, Water Fuse Beauty Balm made my skin look less smooth and uniform than before use. Yeah, not really the effect I was after, unsurprisingly. 

I expected so much more from this product and it failed to deliver on all counts. And at £18 for a 50ml tube, it's not a cheap mistake to make either. 

I personally don't think it's worth the price tag and reckon you could find a better product for half the price. 

So Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm gets a big thumbs down from me I'm afraid, and my search for a moisturiser continues.

Have you tried this out? What did you think of it?









No comments:

Post a Comment