Saturday, 9 February 2013

The Body (Art) Beautiful...

I can't remember if I've mentioned it before (I probably have, and it's just M.E. brain striking again. Yeah, that happens a lot) but I currently have three small tattoos: a swallow on the inside of my left wrist, Roman numerals on the inside of my left arm and a little red bow on the inside of my right wrist.

I got my first (the Roman numerals) in March 2009. A month later I got my second. My third one was inked in 2010 as a 27th birthday present to myself.

I thought I was done then, but over the past year or so I've been hankering after another one. Or several.

So far money and uncertainty about what exactly to go for (which is kind of crucial when you're planning to get something indelibly drawn onto your skin) have thwarted any actual attempts at going under the needle again. But now, thanks to the wonders of Pinterest, I have a whole heap of inspiration.

Below are my absolute favourite designs. I want them all.






Images courtesy of Pinterest.



I'd change the placement of a number of them (apart from the quote and silhouette, I simply love the location of that one) but otherwise they're pretty much perfect. 

Now I just need to beat the proverbial arse (excuse my language) of M.E. as neuro immune disease and tattoo guns, sadly, probably don't make the happiest of bedfellows. I'm willing to stand corrected, however, if anyone knows otherwise.

Do you have any tattoos? Where do you get your inspiration from?














No comments:

Post a Comment