Friday, 4 January 2013

Best Laid Plans...A Beauty Product Review: Revlon Colour Burst Lipstick.

I had intended to post a picture today of my new Revlon Colour Burst lipstick, as mentioned in yesterday's post. I'd taken the (rather poor quality; shaking hands + sub par camera do not a good combination maketh) photos and everything. But the technological fates had other ideas as, for some unknown reason, when I tried to import from my camera to my laptop, the computer said no. Resoundingly.

Oh well, I shall have to carry on with a review regardless, sans pictures, sorry about that!

So, the lipstick? I am in pure unbridled love with it. I'd been on the lookout for a coral lipstick or gloss for a while, and had been eyeing up Topshop's Ooh La La, but whilst out with my Mum over Christmas, she spotted the Revlon one. Mum's definitely know best, as it turns out this is possibly the best colour I've worn on my lips ever.



As a rule I tend to opt for glosses more, or balms, as I've often found lipsticks too drying. Not so with this one. When you swatch it, it actually looks more like a balm (it looks almost 'wet', if that makes sense?) than a lipstick, but with a great colour intensity.

I'd say the colour is slightly more on the red side than the orange, but otherwise it is a very true looking coral.

As I say, the colour is pretty intense, so you only really need one swipe to get a gorgeous 'pop'. 

Coverage wise, it sticks pretty well, I wore it all New Years Eve and it was still discernible even after the new year had rung in, so that was around six hours of wear? And I was eating and drinking in that time, so pretty impressive.

I now want to try out more in the range, as I think this might - in all my sixteen years of wearing makeup- be the lipstick for me. Oh, and one more thing, if you head to Boots, they're on special offer right now for the rather decent price of £5! 

Revlon Colour Burst Lipstick in Coral - £7.99- available nationwide and online.


3 comments:

  1. Definitely sold on these I think! Thanks for the review :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Vicky. Will hopefully get my camera working again soon and get a picture up too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Let me know how you get on with it Vicky!

    ReplyDelete